Triple Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake; the name says it all. This ultra decadent cake will satisfy all your chocolate cravings while using up those over-ripened bananas sitting on your counter! This super easy recipe is perfect for your next potluck, brunch, or while curled up at home.
Are you ready for the best banana cake you’ve ever had? Here it is! This cake is packed with sweet ripe bananas, big chocolate chunks, and topped with a super luscious chocolate ganache. While it looks impressive, the recipe is very easy. You probably have all the ingredients ready to go in your kitchen already.
I always make banana bread when over-ripened bananas are on the counter stinking up my kitchen. It’s the perfect breakfast, and it’s a completely no-fail recipe. It was time to spice up my usual recipe! As we all know, banana and chocolate have to be one of the best all-time food combinations. I decided to go with some nice and big chocolate chunks to get some beautiful gooey pockets of goodness in each slice. This cake got two healthy layers of ganache on top because, you know, there just wasn’t enough chocolate!
This recipe calls for some applesauce and greek yogurt to give this cake a bit of extra richness. The addition of cocoa powder can dry the recipe out a bit, so the ratios of wet-to-dry is a bit different for this version of banana cake. You don’t have to bother separating the wet from dry ingredients either; dump everything in a bowl and go at it with a wooden spoon, and it comes together very quickly.
[ss_social_follow networks=”facebook;pinterest;instagram” scheme=”light”]
Triple Chocolate Banana Cake
For the Cake
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar granulated
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
For the Ganache
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1 cup half and half (10% cream)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the rest of the cake ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a very well greased bundt pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Cool the cake for 10-15 minutes in the pan, and then transfer to a plate or cooling rack.
- While the cake it cooling, microwave the half and half cream for 1-2 minutes, or until it's very hot. Pour it over the chocolate chunks and wait 5 minutes. Stir the mixture well until the chocolate is fully incorporated. Wait until the cake is cool enough to touch, and then drizzle the ganache over the entire cake. Wait 15 minutes until the ganache sets, and enjoy!
I love your recipe.
Bananas and chocolate is my favorite combo.
Thank you for sharing.
I’m so happy you loved it! One of my favorite combos as well:)
This looks so good. I have everything but the Greek yogurt omg. Is there a substitute I can use for the Greek yogurt?
Sour cream would work! You can also use buttermilk, but a bit less since it’s more liquid, I’d say 3 tbsp. To make your own buttermilk grab 3 tbsp regular milk and add 3/4 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice.