Easy dinner to the rescue with my One Pan Pork Chops and Potatoes! This go-to spice mixture is packed with flavor and couldn’t be more simple to throw together. Guarantee a hot, homemade meal any night of the week. Featuring minimal prep and everything you need to eat all on one sheet pan, this recipe will become a regular on your weekly rotation.
I have a problem where I can’t help but use a ridiculous amount of pots, pans, bowls, and utensils for even the simplest recipes. I don’t know where this curse came from, but it’s always a challenge to overcome. This recipe is a god-send for me! I dirtied two entire pieces from the kitchen. TWO! One sheet pan and one spatula for serving. It’s some type of miracle.
This is as easy as dinner can get. I present to you my favorite blend of staple spices in my pantry including my #1 can’t-live-without ingredient, smoked paprika. The color, the flavor, the smokiness; it always takes dinner to the next level. Next, we have some oil, potatoes, and, finally, pork chops. Toss everything together and roast.
Click “Jump to the Recipe” at the top of the page or keep on scrolling to the recipe card for ingredient amounts and full recipe instructions. Read on for all my tips and tricks and extra information!
- Spices – Smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Adjust the amount of each if you’d like!
- Salt & pepper – Season to taste.
- Potatoes – I used baby potatoes, halved. If you have a different type on hand, diced into bite-sized pieces.
- Olive oil – Other types of oil that work well with roasting are avocado, sunflower, safflower, canola, or vegetable.
- Pork chops – I found some beautiful bone-in pork chops, about 3/4″ thick. Adjust the cooking time if you get thicker pork chops.
How to make one pan pork chops and potatoes
- Prep: Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix the smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper together.
- Potatoes: Toss the potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and half the prepared spice mixture. Arrange the potatoes, cut side down, on half of a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Pork: Brush the remaining olive oil over the pork chops on both sides. Coat the pork chops with the remaining spice mixture. Place the pork chops onto the baking sheet with the potatoes, and transfer it back into the oven. Roast for another 20-25 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through.
How can I tell when pork is done cooking?
Invest in an instant-read digital thermometer, my friends. They’re cheap, available everywhere, and they will guarantee you perfect meat every time. Not just pork but chicken, beef, lamb; you name it. It will change your life.
Insert the thermometer into the middle of one of the pork chops. It’s easiest to go in through the side of the chop. Once the thermometer reads 145F, your pork is all done!
If you don’t have a thermometer, you can give the pork a touch-test. Touch your thumb and pinky fingers together, then touch the fleshy part of your hand. That is how firm the pork will need to feel once it’s done cooking.
How to store leftovers
Transfer leftovers to an airtight container and store in the fridge for 3-5 days. You can also store leftovers in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can reheat in the microwave, or you can reheat in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400F and arrange the pork and potatoes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cover the pan with foil and roast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
Whichever reheating method you employ, make sure to keep a close eye on your pork and only heat it until it’s warmed through. Pork will dry out very easily when reheated.
Did you love this easy one pan recipe? Try these:
- One Pan Herb Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- Turkey Chili
- One Pot Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Short Ribs
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
One Pan Pork Chops and Potatoes
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- 2 lbs baby potatoes halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pork chops I used bone-in
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix the smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper together.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and half the prepared spice mixture. Arrange the potatoes, cut side down, on half of a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Brush the remaining olive oil over the pork chops on both sides. Coat the pork chops with the remaining spice mixture. Place the pork chops onto the baking sheet with the potatoes, and transfer it back into the oven. Roast for another 20-25 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through.
This was wonderful. I will keep marking this dish. Pork Chops was tender and juicy. Easy and fast to make.
I’m so happy you love it! ❤️