Low calorie, delicious, and too easy to pass up - I'm obsessed with this recipe for Chia Pudding! Made with just two steps and four ingredients, this healthy dessert is a shoo-in for your weekly meal prep.
- 2 tbsp chia seeds black or white
- 1/2 cup nut milk I used coconut milk beverage. Use any type you like best.
- 1 1/2 tsp honey or maple syrup/agave
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Add all the ingredients to a jar. Seal the lid and shake to combine. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, then shake the jar again to work through any lumps. See recipe notes for layering your pudding.
Transfer to the fridge and let it set for 1-2 hours. If the pudding is too thin, stir in some more chia seeds and let it set for another 20 minutes. If it's too thick, stir in a bit more milk.
To make the layered puddings in the photos:
Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary depending on the ingredients you use.
Did you love this recipe? Remember to comment and leave a star rating!
- Trail Mix - Whisk 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder into the pudding mixture. Spoon the pudding into the jar until it's about halfway full. Mix coconut, nuts of your choice, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips together. Sprinkle half of this mixture into the jar. Top with remaining pudding, then remaining trail mix.
- Strawberry banana -
- Add frozen strawberries to a pot over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, until the strawberries are bubbling, then reduce to medium heat. Cook the sauce down for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Fill a jar about halfway with chia pudding. Top with a few tbsp of the strawberry sauce, then a few slices of fresh banana. Top with more chia pudding, and a final layer of strawberry sauce, and sliced bananas.
- Apple pie -
- Melt 1-2 tbsp butter in a saucepan. Add 2-3 cups of diced apples, along with 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Bring the mixture to a bubble over medium-high heat, then reduce to medium. Cook the apples for 15-20 minutes, or until thickened. Let the mixture cool completely to room temperature.
- Fill a jar about halfway with chia pudding. Top with a few tbsp of the apple pie filling, then fill with more chia pudding. Finish the jar topped with apple pie filling. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, if you'd like.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 98mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 12g | Calcium: 201mg | Iron: 2mg